Everyone will face hard times that sometimes make them feel depressed. I did. When praying and meditating seem imaginary, we need more practical things as the action: share our life.
1. If you love cooking, you can cook some kinds of meals. Go to the nearest markets, be it traditional/farmer’s market or modern supermarket (depends on your budget). Sliced the veggies/ metas wholeheartedly. Cook them with love. Then, packed the meals in some boxes. Finally, give the food to homeless people.
2. If you love sewing, go buying some fabrics, yarn, cotton, zipper, etc to make a bandana, pencil case, or even a doll. Cut the fabric carefully and sew it with love. Packed them in a nice wrap. Finally, go to orphanage and give them for free.
3. If you love reading and talking to people. Grab a story book from a bookstore/ library. Go to a middle-class school, speak to the principal that you want to volunteer. Read and tell the story of the books for the kids there.
4. If you even have no money you can share and still you don’t want to interact with people, look at the things around you. Look at your room, look at your house, look at your garden, look at the streets around your place. Are they clean enough? Are they tidy enough? Do they need some touches to make them looking more artsy/beautiful? Clean them. Tidy them up. Make them looking different.
5. If you feel too lazy to do things and feeling broke enough so you have no penny, go to public library. Find some motivational/inspirational/spiritual books, Write a summary about it and publish it on your personal blog or social media (whatever you want) wether you want to share it to people or keep it for yourself, it’s totally up to you.
How can I say to You. I love somebody new.
You were so good to me always.
And when I see Your eyes. I can’t go on with lie.
It breaks Your heart, but I just can’t hide it.
I, I’ve been away too long. Now I just can’t go on.
I’ve been away too long. I, I’ve been away too long.
No, I can’t be so strong. I’ve been away too long.
Don’t look that way to me. It hurts You, so I see
“Teaching in the school, we cannot pay you a proper salary. Maybe the money you will earn here only can afford your petrol”, said the principal.
Talking with the principal about what things that would be going on, I didn’t mind about the salary. Somehow I knew that I should be teaching at here. It was a small school, run by a Christian foundation which is based in my city. The school’s location, however, is far from the city. It’s in the border, where we can find big truck, big bus on our way to get there. Border….
I have 12 hours (1 hour lesson is 40 minutes) in a week to teach. Though we will teach for a whole month (it means 4 weeks and sometimes more), we will only be paid according to how many hours we teach in a week. For example, if we have 12 hours in a week, and for one hour we are paid -let’s say- 16,000 rupiahs (it’s around $1.25), so count it yourself how much you will get in a month. Demand? Cannot. That’s the system. Just take it or leave it.
I took it.
It is a small school belongs to a Christian education foundation. There are only one class in each grade, whereas each class only consists of 17 to 30 students. Sometimes the number is less because many students skip the class. There are only around 10 teachers, 3 staffs, and two old couples who live at school’s area and sell food in the school canteen during the break time. The teachers sometimes only come when they have schedule to teach because some of them also have schedule in other schools.
It is a school which accepts those who are dropped out from their previous schools. It is a secondary education institution that becomes the last choice for mostly students. It is a place which simple and homely. It is a home for those who seek love and affection.